Functional Movement & Recovery
“Jacci has a warm, caring manner and is always aware of my individual needs and physical issues. For years, every yoga class I tried left my back in bad shape, but with Jacci each session makes my back feel stronger and more supple. For the first time in years I’m inspired to do yoga on a regular basis.” Jane, NM
“I have been practicing yoga with Jacci Gruninger for almost 10 years. Jacci’s yoga helped me to heal from heart surgery—spiritually and mentally as well as a physically. I am grateful for the wisdom and insight she brings to the mat and look forward to every opportunity to practice with her.” David M.
“Jacci clearly loves what she does, and equally loves sharing it with others. Although she is deserving of the highest respect for her accomplishments, she demonstrates none of the ego or narcissism that is often found among experts in yoga or any other discipline. It is clearly about the yoga for Jacci, and it is obvious that she strives to live her life according to the yamas and niyamas.” Michael, NM
“Jacci is truly a gifted teacher and I feel privileged to be one of her students. Jacci is so much more than a knowledgeable yoga instructor. Jacci brings humor, patience, acceptance, and warmth to each session. These traits make Jacci the special person she is both in and out of the yoga studio.”
What is Functional Movement & Recovery?
Functional movement is training for life or recovery from a sedentary life to a functional life. Functional movement is based on movement we have to do every day like getting in and out of beds, seats and cars, backing up a car, using the toilet, climbing stairs, bending down to pick something up.
Strength, mobility, balance and length are incorporated into movements to create a more holistic or whole training program. Coordination and neuromuscular control are improved because the work is training movements not muscles. Functional movement training helps us to move better in our bodies.
Why Practice Functional Movement
Lower Your Chance of Injury
By working slowly, using the core and lighter weight or just body weight you have less chance of injury
Enhance Your Everyday Living
Functional movement improves our ability to move through our day by incorporating movement practices that simulate our daily movement
Train Safely and Create Balance
Your session will include a musculoskeletal and movement assessment to determine where you are weak v. tight. Your program will then include work to develop better balance in your muscles
Your Session might include the use of light weights or bands or just your body weight, traditional exercise movements, yoga movements, and breathing exercises. You and your therapist will talk about your needs and goals to develop a plan that puts you back in motion.
Functional Movement & Recovery At My Office
- Initial Session 75-90 minutes $150 (includes intake/musculoskeletal and other assessments, treatment plan and one session)
- Follow-up Session 60 minutes $125 (includes session and home practice in both document and video formats)
— ½ price for first follow-up session
— 5 Session Package $500 (must be used in 20 weeks) (includes session and home practice in both document and video formats)
— 10 Session Package $900 (must be used in 26 weeks)(includes session and home practice in both document and video formats)
— Financial support available, please call Jacci.
Functional Movement & Recovery Via Zoom
- Initial Session 75-90 minutes $150 (includes intake and possibly other assessments, treatment plan and one session)
- Follow-up Session 60 minutes $100 (includes session and home practice in both document and video formats)
— 10 Session Package $900 (must be used in 24 weeks)(includes session and home practice in both document and video formats)
Functional Movement & Recovery At Your Home
- Initial Session 75-90 minutes $200 (includes intake/musculoskeletal and other assessments, treatment plan and one session)
- Follow-up Sessions $150
- Please talk to me about additional travel fees.
- Refer a friend and get $10 off your next session
- Los Alamos County Employees get 20% off an individual session
- Gift certificates are available.
- Please note: Gift certificates typically have an expiration date of 4 months. If a gift certificate receiver does not collect the service by the assigned date, they may still use the certificate and pay 1/2 price for the service.
Yoga with Jacci has a 24-hour cancellation policy. Sessions cancelled within a 24-hour window are charged to the client at full price.